ACR-335 Wedge Balance Shoe
The ACR WEDGE BALANCE lets you change and adjust the palmar angle, thanks to its 3° wedge combined with an appropriate trim. Its slight rocking, which shifts the breakover point back towards the foot's center of pressure, unloads the deep digital flexor tendon at the stance and in motion, especially on hard or compact ground.
This shoe is eminently well suited for horses that show discomfort upon DIP joint extension. Its wide web provides good sole protection. This shoe is designed for the easy addition of beveling or seating out the toe in order to dynamise breakover.
- 3° wedge shoe
- Slight rocking forward of the quarters
- Strongly beveled heels
- Thickness increasing from 12 mm at the toe to 16 mm at the heel
- Increases P3's palmar angle under weight bearing
- By raising the heels 3°, it relieves the deep flexor apparatus at rest and in movement on hard or compact ground
- Its relatively short caudal lever arms let the heels land gently
- Podotrochlear (navicular) syndrome
- Flat or negative palmar angle
- Thin and sensitive soles
- Distal interphalangeal joint disease
- Enthesopathy and tendinitis of the deep digital flexor tendon
- Inflammations of the impaired ligament